Is it fine to take a lot of injection medication for egg stimulation?
How will taking a lot of injection medication for egg stimulation affect you? There are 2 stages as follows:
Effects during egg stimulation
During egg stimulation, taking a lot of injection medication may cause a side effect in the amount of egg such as hormones symptoms, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, flatulence, breast engorgement, increased vaginal discharge.
The study found that taking a lot of injection medication for egg stimulation doesn’t increase the chance of early menopause including breast cancer, uterine cancer, endometrial cancer or ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
Therefore, taking a lot of injection medication for egg stimulation has no impact or long-term effect.
Reference: Prime Fertility Center Co., Ltd.
If you’re interested in ICSI, IUI, egg freezing or fertility checkup, kindly click here
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is an in vitro fertilization procedure with the laboratory technology. Both IVF and ICSI are comprising of similar procedures. But the difference is how sperm will fertilize an egg. In ICSI program, only one best sperm cell will be selected then injected directly into a fully matured egg. Patients will be prescribed some hormonal medications. Stimulating ovaries to produce several eggs. ICSI can make a pleasant fertilization rate. As well as reduces some fertilization problems or abnormalities caused from egg and sperm. For examples: multiple sperm fertilize an egg, sperm cannot penetrate the egg. The combined egg will transform to be an embryo after fertilization. Next, the embryo will be raised and will grow up among the appropriate environment inside a laboratory. Finally, the embryo will be transferred to the uterine cavity in order to implant then develop to be the fetus later on.
Couples who should receive the infertility treatment with ICSI program:
- Female’s age more than 35 years
- Stenosis for both sides of the fallopian tube
- Severe Endometriosis
- Ovarian hormone dysfunction for examples: Chronic Anovulation, PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Severe sperm abnormalities including sperm morphology, sperm count, sperm motility
- Male who is sterile or had a vasectomy but the body can still produce sperm. To extract sperm under this limitation, a surgical procedure will be performed such as PESA, TESA, TESE.
- Couples who have failed from previous IVF cycle
- Couples who prefer to screen the embryo’s genetic diseases
IUI (Intrauterine insemination)
IUI is an insemination treatment for the purpose of injecting sperm directly into the uterus, increasing the chances of pregnancy. This treatment works together with the egg stimulation along with the medication and ultrasound scan. Once the ovarian follicle is mature, enough you will have a final hormone injection to help your eggs to become fully mature and stimulate the ovulation. As a result of this medication, we can estimate your ovulation day accurately, and make an appointment for the sperm injection into your uterus.
Couples Who Should Proceed with IUI
1. Couples who cannot detect the causes of infertility.
2. Female has irregular oviduct but at least one side of tube must not be blocked in order to let sperm travel and fertilize an egg.
3. Female has cervical stenosis.
4. Women has ovulation problem.
5. Sperm disorders are mild to moderate.
Prime Fertility Center, we not only provide infertility treatment services but what we aim and continuously develop is the customer service with care, being ready to provide consultation, taking care and paying attention to every emotion like a family member.
As we well understand the feeling, pressure, and stress of those who are unable to have babies.
So, we aim to deliver warmness and offer full services to facilitate our patients.
We work with the passion and attention of our specialized doctor, embryologists, and skillful staff in taking care of the patients and providing a comprehensive counseling service.
Contact Prime Fertility Center
Tel. : 062-648-6688 / 062-648-8866 / 02-029-1418–9
Line : http://line.me/ti/p/~@primefertility
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/primefertilitycenter
E-mail : [email protected]
- Open: Monday – Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Time: 08:00 – 16:00
- Closed: Thursday, Sunday and Public Holidays