Meet The Embryologist
Embryologists are the people behind the scenes who help with various steps of the assisted reproductive technology process, starting from egg retrieval, embryo development to embryo transfer.
Embryologists are not doctors, but they are specialized in working with fragile and delicate cells, such as sperm and eggs, which play an important part in every step of the assisted reproductive technology process as follows:
- Egg Retrieval: When the eggs in the ovaries have fully matured, the doctor will aspirate follicular fluid from the ovary that contains the eggs by using a long specially designed needle. Then, the embryologist will separate the eggs from the liquid to prepare for the next step.
- Embryo Development: The embryologist will fertilize the sperm with the egg to produce an embryo. For example, in the case of ICSI, the embryologist will select one of the strongest sperm by using a microscope and inject it into an egg which is a suitable process for men who have a low sperm count, weak sperm, or problem with ejaculation.
- Embryo Transfer: Embryo Transfer refers to taking the embryo produced from the fertilization to the uterus for implantation. The embryologist will load the embryo into the catheter so that the doctor can transfer the embryo into the uterine cavity.
- Embryo Freezing: The embryologist will perform a special process known as ‘Cryopreservation’ which is a process that preserve the embryo in low temperatures and apply cryoprotectant to prevent cell damage caused by coldness and to stop the biological activity of the cell until it is dissolved later. The embryologist is also involved in embryo biopsy for genetic testing, such as PGD and PGS.
Prime Fertility Center, we not only provide infertility treatment services but what we aim and continuously develop is the customer service with care, being ready to provide consultation, taking care and paying attention to every emotion like a family member.
As we well understand the feeling, pressure, and stress of those who are unable to have babies.
So, we aim to deliver warmness and offer full services to facilitate our patients.
We work with the passion and attention of our specialized doctor, embryologists, and skillful staff in taking care of the patients and providing a comprehensive counseling service.
Contact Prime Fertility Center | bangkok ivf | ICSI Thailand
tel. : 062-648-6688 / 062-648-8866 / 02-029-1418–9
Line : http://line.me/ti/p/~@primefertility
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/primefertilitycenter
E-mail : [email protected]
- Open: Monday – Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Time: 08:00 – 16:00
- Closed: Thursday, Sunday and Public Holidays