Nowadays, women or young women of working age start to face the problem of PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome at a young age, which is usually found in people during reproductive age or around 25 – 35 years old.
This disease is caused by an endocrine disorder that results in an imbalance of hormones in the body.
How do you know you have PCOS?
- Irregular period or late period more than 1 month
- Excessive testosterone, oily face, mustache, acne, and hairy
- Excessive number of eggs found after ultrasound
How does PCOS affect women’s bodies?
- Infertility: This condition results in anovulation or abnormal ovulation. Therefore, ovulation stimulating medicines must be used in order to have a chance of having children.
- Effects on beauty and skin: This condition will result in an oily face and mustache, which are things that women do not like.
- Risk of diabetes due to metabolic disorder: If a woman is pregnant, she is at risk of having gestational diabetes.
- In the long term, it may result in metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, heart disease, and cerebrovascular disease, including endometrial cancer.
How can the treatment be done?
As for treatment, it can be done by supportive treatment such as maintaining a stable weight, taking medicine to adjust hormones and treat conditions that may cause various complications. However, as it is a mechanism within the body, it cannot be completely cured.
Prime Fertility Center, we not only provide infertility treatment services but what we aim and consistently develop is customer service with care, being ready to provide consultation, taking care and paying attention to every emotion like a family member. As we well understand the feeling, pressure, and stress of those who are unable to have babies. So, we aim to deliver warmth and offer full services to facilitate our patients. We work with the determination and attention of our specialized doctor, embryologists, and skillful staff in taking care of the patients and providing a comprehensive counseling service.
Should you be interested in getting fertility consultation, please contact us. | ICSI Bangkok
- Open: Monday – Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Time: 08:00 – 16:00
- Closed: Thursday, Sunday and Public Holidays