IVF or the in-vitro fertilization is one of the assisted reproductive technologies for the infertility couple. This article will show you about the process and how to prepare yourself before attending the program.
IVF (In-vitro Fertilization) is the assisted reproductive technology which getting the female’s ovum and male’s sperm to combine outside the human body then transferring the embryo back to the uterine cavity and let the embryo growing naturally. The word “In-vitro Fertilization” came from the fertilization and the embryo culture were proceeded inside the glass vial.
IVF is suitable for:
- The couple who have failed after trying the natural method for 1 year
- The couple who have experienced with IUI treatment but still unsuccessful
- Male who has unhealthy sperm or low sperm count
- Male who has the impotence, infertile or very low opportunity to have child
- Female who is over 35 years old
- Female who has the chronic anovulation caused from the sexual hormone disorder
- Female whose fallopian tubes are obstructed or destroyed from the surgery or the sterilization
3 Important procedures of IVF:
- Ovarian Stimulation and Ovum Retrieval: Normally, women will have only 1 ovum per ovulation monthly. In order to obtain several ovums, the patient need to be injected the ovarian stimulation medicine approximately 10-12 days consecutively. Once the ovum is matured, the physician will take out the ovum from vagina using the syringe.
- In-vitro Fertilization: The embryologist will bring the ovum and sperm to combine inside the laboratory. After the fertilization, they will do the embryo culture until the embryo is well grown.
- Embryo Transfer: When the embryo is ready, the physician will transfer it back to the uterine cavity in order to let it implant and grow up. 14 Days after the embryo transfer, the patient will be tested for pregnancy in order to ensure the embryo has well implanted inside the uterine cavity.
Preparation before-after doing IVF
Before IVF: The couple will consult with the doctor and receive the medical check up including any necessary diagnosis to ensure the patient are able to attend the program. For examples: ovarian function, infection screening, uterine cavity evaluation, semen analysis, etc.
After IVF: The patient can do the normal routine activity. Avoid the stress and these activities as below:
- Any activities required a lot of energy or affect the abdominal area for examples: lifting the heavy item, doing the hard exercise, using the staircases and having sex.
- Taking any medicines out of the doctor’s prescription
IVF is the assisted reproductive technology helping the infertility couple become the father and mother of the perfect newborn. Therefore, if your partner has the infertility problem please do not hesitate to consult with the doctor in order to do the medical check up and receive the appropriate treatment.
Reference: Prime Fertility Center Co., Ltd.
#ICSI #IUI #IVF #eggfreezing #EmbryoFreezing #SpermFreezing #SemenAnalysis #Hysteroscopy #FET #PGT #PGD #NGS #PESA #TESA
#primefertilityclinic #primefertiltycenter #fertilityclinic #bangkokfertilityclinic #thailandfertilityclinic