If you want to have a baby, how should you prepare yourself to get pregnant easier?
When it comes to the right time, many couples definitely decide to start their family life. Several couples want to have a kid to fulfill their family integrity. However, there are about 10-12% of married couples who want to get pregnant but facing infertility problems. This situation may happen due to different factors, e.g., no preparation before sex, body strength, a couple’s health conditions, diet, age, and ovulating period. Therefore, to build understanding and to prepare yourself for pregnancy are important to lower the chance of infertility in the future.
For couples who want to have a baby, how to prepare yourself?
1. Want to have a baby …. must plan early
If you want to get pregnant, you have to concern about your age because it is a factor that affects fertility. Especially, the age of 25-35 is the perfect time to conceive. It is the time of the strongest female’s reproductive health. And the complications happen less. Keep in mind that the older you are, the more chances of infertility will occur.
2. Want to have a baby … plan to freeze eggs for women
Egg freezing is an option for a future pregnancy of women who want to have kids but have not yet been ready or don’t have a certain time or tend to conceive after 35 years of age. Egg freezing is another way to help reduce the chance of infertility. It is involved with the assisted reproductive technology to maintain egg quality for the future use. The procedure is to select qualified eggs by freezing them at cold temperature, minus degree, in order to stop aging. Everything will remain the same conditions without changes. If you are interested in egg freezing, kindly contact us.
3. Want to have a baby … calculate your ovulation
If you want to get pregnant, you need to calculate your ovulation dates for having sex on the right date. It is another way to reduce infertility and make your dream come true. To calculate your fertile window is a method to conceive naturally and a great way for women who have regular periods. So, it is recommended to record your periods in order to estimate your ovulation dates as follows:
- Find the length of cycle: Record the first day of your last period and compare to the first day of your next period. Then you will know the cycle length.
- Determine the ovulation dates: Divide the cycle length by 2. Generally, the cycle length is 28 days, sooner or later within 7 days. For example, half of cycle length 28 days is 14. Therefore, the ovulating time for having sex is on 14th day of the cycle.
This can lower the chance of infertility, make a dream of having baby more possible.
4. Want to have a baby … check the sex frequency
You should have sex every other day or every 2 days but not every day as sperm production and sperm quality will decrease. Having sex on the ovulation dates to increase the chance of pregnancy and reduce infertility problems.
5. Want to have a baby … relieve stress
Any couples who are struggling with pregnancy should completely eliminate stress. Because the hormone caused by the stress will disturb hormone function of reproductive system and accelerate infertility. If both of you are stressful, please try some activities to relax and reduce stress, e.g., listening to the music, watching movies, or going out to change atmosphere.
6. Want to have a baby … adjust diet
Eating 5 food groups will strengthen the body and help lower the chance of infertility. These are some guidelines to improve your diet:
- Avoid high-fat foods: These foods will affect women directly by disturbing estrogen balance, resulting in ovulatory dysfunction and infertility as the estrogen regulates female’s reproductive system.
- Avoid some foods that cause hyperglycemia: To reduce blood sugar means the lower chance of diabetes. As complications from diabetes are harmful to a mother and fetus.
- Consume milk and yoghurt to build calcium in your body.
- Consume green leafy vegetables as they contain vitamin B and folate which can help in ovulation, increasing pregnancy chance, and making a dream of having baby more possible.
- Consume protein especially nuts and grains. The foods that consist of protein not only strengthen body but also improve uterine conditions, egg production and egg quality to reduce infertility problems.
7. Want to have a baby … avoid smoking and drinking
Cigarettes and alcohol are causes of infertility which can deteriorate reproductive system, disturb ovulation in female and decrease sperm quality in male. Therefore, you should stop smoking and drinking alcohol while planning for pregnancy.
8. Want to have a baby … consult with fertility specialist
If you are unable to get pregnant within 1 year, kindly see a fertility specialist. The doctor may suggest a primary examination, such as blood test, ultrasound, hormone test, semen analysis. In case of abnormal test results, the further treatments will be needed, e.g., egg freezing, ICSI, IUI, IVF, medication for inducing ovulation.
Prime Fertility Center, we not only provide infertility treatment services but what we aim and consistently develop is the customer service with care, being ready to provide consultation, taking care and paying attention to every emotion like a family member. As we well understand the feeling, pressure, and stress of those who are unable to have babies. So, we aim to deliver warmth and offer full services to facilitate our patients. We work with the determination and attention of our specialized doctor, embryologists, and skillful staff in taking care of the patients and providing a comprehensive counseling service.
Should you be interested in getting fertility consultation, please contact us. | IVF Bangkok
Prime Fertility Center
- Open: Monday – Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Time: 08:00 – 16:00
- Closed: Thursday, Sunday and Public Holidays