Ovarian Stimulation Process
1. Doctor counselling on the 2nd – 3rd day of your period. The doctor will check your abdomen and pelvic organs through the transvaginal ultrasound. In order to detect some abnormalities, e.g., myoma uteri, ovarian cyst or endometriosis.
2. Blood test, for example, infection, hormones, complete blood count (CBC)
3. After receiving blood test and ultrasound result, the doctor will start ordering ovarian stimulation medication including oral medicine or injection. These medicines can increase egg maturity.
4. Egg stimulation for monitoring and observing egg size and hormones.
5. Suggestions during stimulation process:
- Getting enough sleep
- Avoid stress or anxiety
- Eating healthy foods
- No alcohol drinks
- No caffeine
- No hard exercise, e.g., hot yoga, onsen
Remark: It is important to strictly follow the doctor appointment and take the injection medicine under the doctor’s prescription only. While taking medicines, do not change time or dosage without the doctor’s permission. Otherwise, it may affect your egg maturity.
Preparation for egg retrieval
1. Doctor schedules the egg retrieval day.
2. Patient needs to refrain from eating or drinking at least 8 hours before treatment time.
3. No manicure and pedicure, Do not wear contact lens (Please use eyeglasses in case of nearsightedness or farsightedness.), No make up
4. Patient needs to arrive 2 hours before the operating time in order to get ready for the next process. Kindly be punctual as any delay may affect the egg retrieval accordingly.
5. Patient should accompany with 1 follower. For the purpose of taking care the patient after medical staff allows the patient to go home.
Ovum Pick Up (OPU) process
1. History taking and profile verification by medical staff before the operation
2. Vital sign (blood pressure / breathing / pulse / body temperature)
3. Intravenous infusion
4. Anesthesiologist will inject anesthesia in order to put the patient to sleep. After that, gynecologist will collect the eggs within 15-30 minutes.
5. Patient will be transferred to a recovery room for rest 1-2 hours while the nurse will be monitoring a vital sign every 15-30 minutes. Without abnormal signs or symptoms, patient will be allowed to go home.
6.Pick up some home medicines before leaving including painkiller and antibiotic medicine.
Suggestions after OPU
1. Do not drive any vehicles by yourself or go back home alone.
2. Do not carry any heavy objects or join the hard exercise within 1 week after OPU.
3. No sexual intercourse at least 1 week.
4. Observe and monitor the symptom after OPU. In case of severe abdominal pain or abdominal swelling, please visit the doctor immediately. Do not take any medication without the doctor’s prescription.
Reference: Prime Fertility Center Co., Ltd.