For the couples who have infertility problem, ICSI treatment is one of a reproductive technology that is popular and effective nowadays. Let’s learn more about ICSI.
What is ICSI?
ICSI or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection is one of the reproductive technologies for the infertile couple that has a similar method to the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), which is the ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval, but fertilizing outside the body by injection a single sperm into the egg directly. The doctor will select the healthiest sperm and using a microneedle to inject sperm into the egg. After that, the fertilized egg will be cultured in the LAB until the embryo is mature and healthy, then transferring back into the uterine cavity and continue to grow as a baby. This method can help reduce the problem of abnormal fertilization occurred from sperm and egg.
The advantages of ICSI
- This method has the highest chance of success comparing to other methods.
- This method is suitable for all group of ages, especially when the female is over 35 years old, or when the oocyte reserve is limit and have poor quality.
- Abnormal sperm, such as low sperm count, poor motility, unusual shape
- Able to screen the abnormal chromosomes or genes of the embryo, such as Down Syndrome, Thalassemia
ICSI is suitable for:
- The couple who failed with IUI or IVF method
- The couple who prefer to screen the genetic disease of the embryo
- Male who have sperm lower than 10 million sperm/milliliter, incomplete or very weak sperm
- Male who is sterile or has the sterilization
- Female who is over 35 years old with low egg count, unqualified egg
Preparing for ICSI procedures
The couple needs to consult with the doctor and acknowledges the recommendation and restriction, as well as receiving a diagnosis from the doctor, such as the ovarian function, infection screening, semen analysis. Enable doctor to provide the appropriate treatment.
The recovery after ICSI treatment
New mother should refrain from the exercise and hard-working, including having sex during and after the egg retrieval, do not use douches. Especially, the patient has to strictly follow the doctor’s instruction.
ICSI is a more effective solution to solve male infertility. In the meantime, some couples may need to repeat the procedure until successful. However, nowadays it is considered the most successful method. And it can help to encourage the hope of having a child.
For those who still unsure whether your partner is infertile or not, please do not hesitate to consult with the doctor for check up and receiving the appropriate suggestion accordingly.
Reference: Prime Fertility Center Co., Ltd.
Question about Infertility Treatment: Click Here
Review Clip from Our Patients: Click Here
#ICSI #IUI #IVF #eggfreezing #EmbryoFreezing #SpermFreezing #SemenAnalysis #Hysteroscopy #FET #PGT #PGD #NGS #PESA #TESA
#primefertilityclinic #primefertiltycenter #fertilityclinic #bangkokfertilityclinic #thailandfertilityclinic