OHSS is the leaking condition of fluids from the intravascular system to some parts of human body such as the abdomen, pleural cavity or extremities tissues.
Occurred in some women who take fertility medication to stimulate egg growth but the body is showing the overreaction. This is the most serious complication in the ovarian stimulation.
- Large amount of reserved eggs
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
The response might be mild or severe. Mostly found as below;
- Flatulence, abdominal distension, uncomfortable abdomen, some severe cases are colic and unable to eating or drinking.
- Gain weight, enlarging the waist rapidly.
- Difficulty breathing, get tried easily.
- Nausea, dizzy, strongly vomit.
- Absence of urine, decreased urine output.
For mild illness, the patient may take the oral medication to relieve dizziness or intra-abdominal pain. Some serious cases might be admitted in the hospital in order to remove the fluids inside the abdominal cavity.
Therefore, after taking the medication for ovarian stimulation, the patient should notice for any negative reactions and notify your physician or medical staff immediately. So that the physician will follow up and perform the appropriate treatment later. It is unnecessary to be so much worried about.
Reference: Prime Fertility Center Co., Ltd.
Getting to know Counseling & Check up with Doctor Service
#ICSI #IUI #IVF #eggfreezing #EmbryoFreezing #SpermFreezing #SemenAnalysis #Hysteroscopy #FET #PGT #PGD #NGS #PESA #TESA
#primefertilityclinic #primefertiltycenter #fertilityclinic #bangkokfertilityclinic #thailandfertilityclinic