IUI (Intrauterine insemination)
IUI is an insemination treatment for the purpose of injecting sperm directly into the uterus, increasing the chances of pregnancy. This treatment works together with the egg stimulation along with the medication and ultrasound scan. Once the ovarian follicle is mature, enough you will have a final hormone injection to help your eggs to become fully mature and stimulate the ovulation. As a result of this medication, we can estimate your ovulation day accurately, and make an appointment for the sperm injection into your uterus.
Couples Who Should Proceed with IUI
1. Couples who cannot detect the causes of infertility.
2. Female has irregular oviduct but at least one side of tube must not be blocked in order to let sperm travel and fertilize an egg.
3. Female has cervical stenosis.
4. Sperm disorders are mild to moderate.
5. Women has ovulation problem.
Each couple with infertility has a success rate of approximately 10-20% per one treatment, and 40-50% in four to six times. If IUI still does not work after four to six times, different methods may need to be considered in order to proceed with a more successful pregnancy.
Advantages : Simple, Not expensive, Fewer side effects
Suitable for :
– Female less than 35 years old.
– Male has normal or abnormal slightly sperm.
– After the intrauterine insemination is completed, the patient will need bed rest for about 15-30 minutes.
– Should sleep, eat and rest enough.