PREPARING FOR FET
Preparing to move the embryo into the uterus.
1. Consult your Doctor to prepare. The patient will need to have a vaginal ultrasound and more blood tests.
2. The patient should see a doctor on the second or third day of menstruation. To evaluate the uterine cavity and start taking hormone medication at the doctor’s orders.
3. The Doctor will schedule a follow up on the 10th day of taking hormone medication. Along with an ultrasound and hormonal analysis of the body. There are 2 types.
– Natural cycle
– Rounds of drug use
3.1 In case the endometrium is not suitable for transferring the embryo into the uterus. The doctor will take hormone therapy for another 3 days and then come back to follow up.
3.2 In case the endometrium is suitable for embryo transfer. Your doctor will prescribe medication that include both oral and intravenous drugs. To prepare the lining of the uterus depending on the embryo age, approximately up to 5 days.
4. The doctor will schedule the date and time to move the embryo again.
Embryo transfer procedure (Embryo Transfer)
1. The patient should have a full bladder before embryo transfer.
2. The doctor will ultrasound the abdomen. To find the optimal position for embryo implantation.
3. The Doctor will insert into the vagina.
4. Allow 15-60 minutes for the patient to rest.
5. The Doctor will order the prescribed medication for the pregnancy before the patient returns home.