Erectile dysfunction can be found in males of any age. It’s up to 1 out of 5 males as well as half of males at age 40-70 yrs. Moreover, this condition tends to increase according to aging.
Erectile dysfunction is caused by physical and mental issues, including some diseases and behaviors. It can be explained as follows:
- Physical issues: Aging decreases body performance and sexual desire. Those who are overweight, having chronic disease, smokers and alcoholics are at the higher risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Mental issues, such as stress, anxiety, and depression can affect penile erection and sexual arousal.
Once you realize the cause, you shouldn’t ignore this. There are solutions to make it work again as follows:
Control your weight since obesity is a cause of many diseases. By having healthy diet, avoiding high-fat foods and working out regularly.
- Taking supplements is also helpful.
- Treat and control your health conditions by following doctor’s advice, taking medicines regularly. Please don’t take any medicines without doctor’s prescription.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Be happy, no stress and anxiety.
In addition, talking to your partner, discussing, and trying to solve the problem together are also recommended.
Reference: Prime Fertility Center Co., Ltd.
If you’re interested in our ICSI program, kindly find more details as below website: Click Here
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is an in vitro fertilization procedure with the laboratory technology. Both IVF and ICSI are comprising of similar procedures. But the difference is how sperm will fertilize an egg. In ICSI program, only one best sperm cell will be selected then injected directly into a fully matured egg. Patients will be prescribed some hormonal medications. Stimulating ovaries to produce several eggs. ICSI can make a pleasant fertilization rate. As well as reduces some fertilization problems or abnormalities caused from egg and sperm. For examples: multiple sperm fertilize an egg, sperm cannot penetrate the egg. The combined egg will transform to be an embryo after fertilization. Next, the embryo will be raised and will grow up among the appropriate environment inside a laboratory. Finally, the embryo will be transferred to the uterine cavity in order to implant then develop to be the fetus later on.
Couples who should receive the infertility treatment with ICSI program:
- Female’s age more than 35 years
- Stenosis for both sides of the fallopian tube
- Severe Endometriosis
- Ovarian hormone dysfunction for examples: Chronic Anovulation, PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Severe sperm abnormalities including sperm morphology, sperm count, sperm motility
- Male who is sterile or had a vasectomy but the body can still produce sperm. To extract sperm under this limitation, a surgical procedure will be performed such as PESA, TESA, TESE.
- Couples who have failed from previous IVF cycle
- Couples who prefer to screen the embryo’s genetic diseases
Infertility is caused by many factors as follows:
1. Male factor is about 30-40%
2. Female factor is about 30-40%
3. Male & Female factor about 30%
4. Unknown factor is about 10-20%
Semen analysis is a main fertility examination in male. However, in order to evaluate the cause of infertility, leading to the appropriate treatment, there are some necessary steps including history taking, health checkup as well as other laboratory tests.
The laboratory tests are consisting of various types of male infertility examination. What needs to be evaluated depends on an individual’s medical history and physical checkup. But semen analysis is compulsory to every case.
Sperm Collecting Instruction
1. Male should refrain from any sexual activity and ejaculation for at least 2-3 days but not longer than 7 days
2. Wash your hands and penis with soap and water, be sure to rinse away all of the soap residue. Dry thoroughly before collecting the semen.
3. Collect the semen by masturbation
4. Avoid touching the area inside the container while collecting the semen
5. Condom is not allowed as it contains lubricants that can damage the sperm