After medical check up and pre-stimulation LAB test for both husband and wife, the doctor will evaluate the treatment plan then describe to the couple.
Once the patient is ready and agree with this plan, the doctor will start treating the infertility by ICSI procedure.
Procedures of ICSI
1. Doctor Consultation & Fertility Checkup for treatment planning
2. Ovarian Stimulation: A female will be prescribed with ovarian stimulation injection to lead ovaries produce multiple eggs over the estimated duration of 9-14 days.
3. Egg-Sperm Pick Up: With a suitable date and time, the doctor will perform egg pick up from female and request sperm collection from male on the same day.
4. ICSI: After the eggs and sperm have been collected, the scientist will select the best sperm to fertilize with the egg in a 1:1 ratio (one sperm for one egg) by using a needle to directly inject the sperm into the egg.
5. Embryo Culture: The embryologist will culture fertilized eggs in the laboratory for 5-6 days (depending on embryo’s quality) to get qualified embryos.
6. Preimplantation Genetic Testing: The test is involved in embryo biopsy which is to remove a few cells from an embryo for genetic screening. ***This procedure will only be applied for Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) as the test result will be released in about 14 days.***
7. Transfer the embryo to the uterine cavity: There are 2 options as follows
7.1 Fresh Embryo Transfer: A fresh embryo transfer is performed in the cycle of ovarian stimulation and egg pick up. Neither embryo freezing nor endometrial preparation is required.
7.2 Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET): A frozen embryo transfer is performed in the cycle of endometrial preparation. By thawing a frozen embryo and then transferring it back into a female’s prepared uterine cavity.
8. Pregnancy Test: The doctor will schedule a blood pregnancy test about 2 weeks after the embryo transfer.
#ICSI #IUI #IVF #eggfreezing #EmbryoFreezing #SpermFreezing #SemenAnalysis #Hysteroscopy #FET #PGT #PGD #NGS #PESA #TESA
#primefertilityclinic #primefertiltycenter #fertilityclinic #bangkokfertilityclinic #thailandfertilityclinic
Reference: Prime Fertility Center Co., Ltd.