Want to have babies but facing infertility, why does it happen? Let’s get a consultation at Prime Fertility Center
A family must be complete with father, mother, and kids together. The society nowadays that is highly competitive and hurriedly makes people and their family stressful, anxious in living. Therefore, the families in modern generation are living without kids intentionally and unintentionally. As a result of infertility, a couple has not yet conceived after being married for years. This problem is at an entry level that will possibly expand to be a national issue.
Infertility or difficulty in having babies refers to a failure of getting pregnant after having unprotected sex regularly for at least 1 year. It also means the lower chance or the longer waiting time to get pregnant than normal. For instance, wife at age 30 – 35 years old can’t conceive within 6 months of regular unprotected sex. Generally, 90% of couples who have regular sex will conceive within 12 months. According to National Statistical Office of Thailand, 15.4% of women of reproductive age (15 – 49 years) are found infertility problem. It happens in urban areas more than rural areas.
- Primary infertility is when a couple has never been pregnant.
- Secondary infertility means a couple could conceive before. And the couple has finished their previous pregnancy by giving birth successfully or abortion.
Causes of infertility
Having a kid as an offspring of one’s family, husband and wife definitely become parents and need to bring up and take care of their little one with love. If a couple wants to have a baby but has not yet succeeded, there must be the problems from both parties. So, causes of infertility are divided into 2 parts. More than half of them come from wife. Let’s take a look as details below.
Causes of infertility from husband, for example:
- Testicle abnormalities, e.g., genetic disorders, undescended testis, epididymo-orchitis, chemical exposure affecting sperm production, leading to varicocele or chronic health conditions.
- Blocked vas deferens
- Erectile dysfunction or ejaculation problems
- Neurological disorders that affect the essential hormones for sperm production
- Sexual issues
- Endocrine disorders
- Congenital diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, infectious diseases, such as mumps
- Toxic exposure or medication
- Living behaviors, alcohol use, smoking
- Aging, resulting in lower sperm quality, increasing genetic disorders
Causes of infertility from wife, for example:
- Anovulation, ovulatory dysfunction, infrequent ovulation
- Fallopian tube or pelvic abnormalities, e.g., blocked tube, tubal removal, pelvic adhesion
- Conditions of uterine cavity and cervix, e.g., uterine polyps / fibroids / adhesions, poor quality of cervical mucus, cervical stenosis, congenital uterine anomalies
- Anatomical disorders, health conditions, congenital diseases
- Anti-sperm antibodies
- Infection of reproductive system, sexually transmitted diseases
- Some medicines, birth control, miscarriage
- Aging leads to egg deterioration, lower chance of getting pregnant after 35 years of age
- Mental state, stress, anxiety, etc. disturb hormone levels
- Living behaviors, education, working environment, revenue, living area, such as food intake, alcohol use, smoking, bodyweight
Due to these causes of infertility, the treatment is performed with various technologies to maximize the success. For example, medication, surgery, sterilization reversal, ovulation induction, IUI, GIFT, IVF, ICSI, preimplantation genetic testing, embryo freezing, egg donation, surrogacy.
The success of infertility treatment depends on the causes of fertility problem as mentioned above. Therefore, physical assessment and examination on both husband and wife need to be proceeded together for the best outcomes. Length of being infertile is an important factor. If it is more than 3 years, the chances of natural pregnancy will become very low. The frequency of sexual intercourse is also a key factor.
For example, having sex every 10 – 14 days makes a lower amount of motile sperm since the spermatozoa can survive and be strongest within 7 days after the latest ejaculation. The highest chance of pregnancy occurs when having sex every other day during ovulation period. Moreover, some chemicals or drugs can affect fertility as well, e.g., anti-hair loss medicine, lead, blood pressure medicine, sedative, narcotic.
Infertility is a part of family planning of those who are struggling with pregnancy. It may affect physical and metal health, finance, family integrity, married life, causing the couple to be stressful, distressed, afraid of, depressed. If you are planning to build your complete family consisting of father, mother, and kid as family members but you are facing infertility, please allow Prime Fertility Center be a top place to help you fulfill your family integrity as wished. We provide different steps of treatment orderly from a simple to complicated process.
Prime Fertility Center, we not only provide infertility treatment services but what we aim and continuously develop is the customer service with care, being ready to provide consultation, taking care and paying attention to every emotion like a family member. As we well understand the feeling, pressure, and stress of those who are unable to have babies. So, we aim to deliver warmness and offer full services to facilitate our patients. We work with the passion and attention of our specialized doctor, embryologists, and skillful staff in taking care of the patients and providing a comprehensive counseling service.
Contact Prime Fertility Center | bangkok ivf | ICSI Thailand | Ivf Bangkok
Tel. : 062-648-6688 / 062-648-8866 / 02-029-1418–9
Line : http://line.me/ti/p/~@primefertility
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/primefertilitycenter
E-mail : [email protected]
- Open: Monday – Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Time: 08:00 – 16:00
- Closed: Thursday, Sunday and Public Holidays